Friday, June 3, 2011

Hassan said the bloody crackdown in Lattakia

Antalya (Turkey), Special Envoy - Arriving at the border between Syria to Turkey, Hassan was ready to die. "I showed my passport. I was stuck. I was expecting to be arrested. The Syrian cop looked at me in a terrible manner. I told him: 'Either you let me pass, or you kill me here. But if you want to kill me, let me make one last prayer.

" The cop threw me my passport and said, 'Get out and do not come back! "So Hasan said to be out of Syria, hounded, harassed, considered one of the leaders of the uprisings in the city of Latakia in the north-west. In a soft voice, this young 29 year old Syrian, who attended the meeting of the Syrian opposition of Antalya, said his flight.

"I arrived in Turkey there are twelve days, I sleep in a mosque in Istanbul." He applied for political asylum with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees UN. Latakia was, after Deraa, one of the first cities rocked by protests against the regime of Bashar al-Assad. "We went out into the streets, they wrote slogans on the walls, it started like that.

But if the plan was to kill as many people, because there was a total disorganization among the protesters." At least 170 people were killed by security forces in the port city, according to local estimates, and hundreds more have disappeared. "The army is present in and around the city.

Snipers were on rooftops. Once there is a gathering of more than five people, they shoot. We are forced to make highly mobile events at several locations simultaneously, to disperse the security forces, "says Hassan. We do not stay more than ten seconds at one location, the time to provoke the police.

After it becomes too dangerous. "Twice he was arrested." The first time, April 14, we organized a sit-in on a town square. After twelve hour siege, police charged. Bullets rang out around my head. I have been hit hard. There were at least 25 dead. "On Sunday, April 17, the feast of Syrian independence, new events are planned in his neighborhood.

In two to three clicks on the Internet, navigating Hassan Facebook to YouTube and shows a video shot with a cellphone. "I knew the neighborhood and tried to warn my friends that the army would shoot," he explains. They thought they could enlist the support of the soldiers. I rode with my parents for filming from the balcony.

My mother was crying. "Jerky images show a procession of dozens of people, armed with candles and olive branches, demanding freedom and democracy. Suddenly a shot rang out, then ten, then a thousand. A flood of fire . Demonstrators fall gusts. "Thirty-eight died that day and over 50 wounded," said Hassan.

This video, filmed with a trembling hand, shows the violence of the repression. Hassan has not slept with him afterwards. "Since that day, I'm not afraid to die." Guillaume Perrier Article published in the edition of 03.06.11

No comments:

Post a Comment