Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chavez canceled his trip to Brazil, Ecuador and Cuba

CARACAS, 10 May. The president of Venezuela, Hugo Chávez, has canceled his tour of Brazil, Ecuador and Cuba, whose launch was scheduled for Tuesday due to a knee injury that forced him to stay on bedrest for several days. "This morning I went jogging (horseback riding), before he left the plane (...).

I banged my knee and there is a leakage of fluid, inflammation and pain. Here I am with the doctors and me have absolute rest for several days, "said Chavez, told Venezolana de Television (VTV). The president has also explained the seriousness of the injury. "I noon was with a band, but there is a liquid spill and it is unclear how far an intervention may be necessary," he noted.

He has also promised the population that, in order to recover as soon as possible, follow the recommendations of physicians. "For me it is not easy, but I promise to comply with rigor, discipline and awareness," he underlined. In this context, he lamented the cancellation of the tour, but has said it is necessary to ensure their good health after riding accident.

"I'm very sorry, but we must stay quietico" he stated. However, it has advanced to the Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro, is already in Brasilia to advance the bilateral agenda with his Brazilian counterpart, Antonio Patriota. Although it has not said anything about possible visits by the Chancellor to Quito or Havana.

No comments:

Post a Comment