Saturday, March 12, 2011

In Tokyo, "we are in a state of permanent tension"

Two strong earthquakes occurred, Friday, March 11, off the northeast coast of Japan, which violently swaying buildings in Tokyo and triggering a warning against the risk of a tsunami up to ten meters high. Customers in the Capital including Le Monde. fr collected the testimonies tell that people were evacuated and employees in their quiet homes and offices, but remain very concerned about the aftershocks continue.

The quake lasted an eternity, by Anthony I was at my laboratory at the University of Tokyo when the first quake occurred. Having already lived through several earthquakes since I'm in Japan, with my colleagues we first took what was going on quietly. The tremors were initially quite low.

Then they have only increased, the objects began to fall from office. So initially, you laughed while trying to retain our business, then the laughter gave way to anguish when we realized that the shaking did not stop. We saw people from the window of the other buildings started to evacuate.

I then refuge under my table, dropping the stuff I wanted. That's when I realized that this was no ordinary earthquake and that despite all the anti-seismic standards, it could easily collapse. The quake lasted an eternity. At the end of the first shock, we left the building. Everyone was already out.

A priori, there was no damage to university buildings, although it was believed that a piece of the roof of a building had fallen. After half an hour, I returned to my office with my Japanese colleagues. Since I'm in my office, there are tremors every ten minutes and that for over two hours.

We are in a state of permanent tension. Everybody looks after everybody, by Alice I am currently in Tokyo district of Suginami. The tremors started around 2:00 p.m. (6:00 in Paris), the first tremor lasted long enough, the fire siren sounded, neighbors gathered outside, everybody looks after everybody.

My room is in shambles, a shelf collapsed on my bed while I find out my neighbors. Since then, successive shocks, it is still not finished. There are no trains, mobile phones do not work, we take our new friends through Facebook. At this writing, my house is still shaking. At one point I considered the worst, by Claire-Lise I was on the 9th floor of Aoyama Bell Commons in central Tokyo in the district of Minato-ku, and it really rocked.

I found the interminable time, especially since it was going to crescendo, and at one point I considered the worst. At a second, I was in the elevator ... An American woman who was leaning against the wall, felt the tremor while first and told me not to get into the elevator. Thank you to her, otherwise I would have had a bad time.

Through the window, I saw another building next door to swing at least one meter from the axis, it was pretty impressive. Fear was rising, we began to hear screams of panic, people all seemed increasingly terrified. Everyone crouched, sought refuge under the tables. I stayed in the corner to the elevators, remembering that in New Zealand, the only part still standing in the building that collapsed by the column was twenty dead lifts.

The tremors lasted for a time that really seemed to take forever. We went down the fire escape, and once down at the beginning, people have remained without reaction. We stayed at the foot of the building, amazed to be outdoors. For the first time I talked to strangers on the street, everyone was scared and happy to share his fear and relief.

It was quietly removed by Jerome Senaillat I work on the 26th floor of an office building in central Tokyo. When the earth began to tremble, there is no more attention than usual - and earthquakes are frequent. Except this time, it was a jolt upright (most dangerous) and that it lasted ...

People were prepared (we mock alert regularly), and exited quietly, and waited until the alert is over. Cell phones do not work as well as water, railways, highways are blocked. There are also fire: flames can be seen far away to Tokyo Bay. The streets are filled with pedestrians, Ludovic Touitou In my office building, close to the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, we have property damage, including filing cabinets overturned.

Almost everyone has recovered his senses, but many colleagues are still worried about their relatives. The instructions are for now not to leave the building which is the safest place when the aftershocks are being felt - the building shakes when I write. Many companies in this business district has already ordered their employees to go home on foot.

The streets are filled with pedestrians. I tremble without realizing it, by Olivier At first it looks like these small tremors that hit Japan each day, then the windows started to vibrate stronger frames on the walls fall and instinctively sought shelter. And LAA, only under the table thinking back to the images of Christchurch, New Zealand.

And those jerks who will not stop ... At the first lull, you catch his business and his house is leaking into the security zone for an earthquake in her neighborhood. The children are frightened and cry, I shake myself without realizing it, the phone is malfunctioning or the service is overloaded, unable to contact his relatives.

Nothing serious here in Tokyo, but we think those in the North and we surely will sleep poorly tonight. This time it's serious, by BlueSoul In full meeting on the 39th floor, it shakes, it moves, it moves, it shakes. When out of 5 Japanese, 4 slip under the table meeting, we do think more and did the same.

One feels literally rotate the building of several meters. Subsequently, in a calm, everyone puts on his helmet, a television set is turned on for news and emergency messages. Until then, that the "normal". The images on television are less ... Sure, I will attend the next training anti-earthquake.

Le Monde. en

No comments:

Post a Comment