Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Disturbed by the execution of Bin Laden

Without any pretense of giving the line, I just want to give voice to all those like me who have been disturbed by the execution of Bin Laden. I think in fact that implementing it, and I read that the mission of U.S. troops was to kill him. I have heard some journalists perplexed by the reconstruction of the affair, which for now is not a very credible reconstruction.

What ambiguity and intrigue behind the fact that Osama in a villa she was sitting right there? How did it come to attack now? But regardless of this conspiracy, I am troubled by the message of death and revenge that is prevalent in the comments on this story. In the first round of official statement only underlines that the Vatican does not rejoice in the death of a man.

But I will not go even that far. I think we can rejoice even when death is the inevitable outcome of killing a tyrant, who drops a falling regime. However, when the greatest power the world's Afraid of Osama and instructs to bring it down and get rid of the corpse, I just can not rejoice.

It 'a shabby spectacle, is the message that combines justice and revenge. Maybe we Europeans, despite Stagi in Madrid and London, we can not understand the state of frustration and fear of Americans (U.S. citizens) to ten years from 11 September. Maybe. And so we should understand that American kids are taken to the streets to celebrate, shouting "USA, USA".

A half American friend told me to take this exultation in Benghazi for the killing of a son of Gaddafi. But I did not think I do not think you can compare the two situations. The only positive thing is that since Obama was to take out Osama, is far more likely that he wins the election.

But today I felt a tremendous distance with its system of values. I'm not an absolute pacifist, but I did not expect this claim to state executions.

No comments:

Post a Comment