Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'll be back in Italy!

I started some time ago to London, to try to build a hope that in my home country, Italy, I was constantly, mercilessly, destroyed. The problem is that this dream, this hope, I realized I was not even able to understand how to build, how it can be done, for that matter. What does it mean to have a future, a prospect? What does it mean to imagine that your work, whatever it is, bring a contribution to society, that society needs you, and not only seeks to exploit you and marginalized because he who was born at the right time and right place, and it is built his castle and security privileges, can continue to do what he does? Ever since I enrolled at university in Italy, I was taught that my opinion did not count, I had to learn only passively, that I was not a person with sufficient means to develop a thought, my self.

What then, was not an adult, but something in between, forcibly kept in a state of adolescence, called student. My job was to warm the bench so as not to graduate too soon, too soon so as not to flood the labor market does not exist. And today? I have the terrible feeling that here too there has been a kind of genocide, not physical, fortunately, but a moral and psychological, of a generation.

However, contrary to what happens in Britain, those who remained in Italy do not even know what has been taken away, being accustomed to the paradoxical situation "Ugolino", the father who eats his children. It is precisely these people that I speak. To those who, as has happened recently to me with a request for advice and help, they replied that the situation is a disaster, you're only firing, which is the line so that no hope.

To them, that the food situation in the facts and with their messages of disaster - because we march, why not go ahead because they are good and make good management of what they have in hand, but because they exploit people like me - to I would like to send them this message. On behalf of all temporary workers and those who must also give thanks after working without rights and protections.

And I would like to invite all people like me to start doing the same with those who are exploiting and even has the nerve to blame someone else, or to the crisis. In Italy there long before the crisis of 2009, in Italy the crisis is in the heads of people who fight and argue for their little fiefdom, to maintain the status quo at all costs.

When used their energy and intelligence to make things work, to invest the resources and the future, on new and fresh ideas, we start to be competitive instead of crying poverty. But I will not make comparisons with other countries, saying that you should do so because everyone else is, more terrible vice Italian people which shows a fundamentally insecure about himself.

I am also tired of complaining. I'm sick to perpetuate the worst vices Italic. Basta. Time to move, everyone. It is time to begin to change in attitude, first of all, the mentality. From our everyday actions, rejecting a state of affairs more and more unacceptable. We are so used to hearing lies that we have begun to lie to ourselves.

Do not tell me that there is a crisis, the crisis we are. Enough, I'll be back in Italy. But to change things. Irina Wallace, Italian craftsmanship in London

No comments:

Post a Comment