Monday, April 25, 2011

People need to dream

Work for a year and a half, as a programmer for a consulting company. In my life I have lived a little 'all over Italy, South Centre, up to the North where I am still. I'm young and unstable, but nevertheless, I consider to be very lucky. I have a nice room for rent, I would like to take your whims are totally independent from my family.

For a boy of 23 years means a lot in times like these. But I feel I'm missing something and I understand talking to my colleagues now "arrived". Yes, because the boot is important to "get". The end point may be the house, his wife and children, a nice car or a motorcycle and everyone is willing to do anything to "get".

Among the things that the majority of Italians are capable of, but getting there is the absurdity of doing a job that does not suit them. As I said, I'm a precarious with a project contract, so I can not afford to buy a house, a car or thinking of starting a family, so do not take away the satisfaction of doing a job I like.

My current job does not give me no satisfaction, and also the one before. I'm tired of being treated like an assembly line. Yes, I am a computer worker, not assembled with screws and bolts, but I spend hours to make improvements to software written with the feet. I'm starting to think that Italy can not do software.

The Italian mentality is found also in computer science. It does not matter to apply a stable and functioning according to standards. How many times am I heard him say: "Do what you like, just that it works ..." The important thing is to save money. And 'the Italy of the "crock" of temporary solutions, the "so someone will fix it after you." So I made a decision e.

I leave my room, my friends, my family, the beautiful city where I live now. I let the holidays, overtime and sick days unpaid. I leave the unpaid leave, I leave the funding is not granted, the car and the house that I could never afford. I let my family run joint stock company. I leave the pizza, espresso and walks to the sea.

I'm going to London. I feel I am worth something and I need to prove myself, I do not want to spend the rest of my life hoping to get a decent contract, a salary that truly reflects my value or to lick the backside of someone to get a raise. Maybe I'll be a dreamer and I admit that often at night I fall asleep lulled by the aspirations and utopian, but in my recipe for happiness there is no room for a job that I do not like.

People need to dream. And no one should do a job that does not satisfy him. Emanuele L., consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment