Thursday, March 17, 2011

I want to smile again

At the time of the earthquake was going to take my son to school. He drove my husband and the strength of the shock forced him to pull over and stop. From the car window I saw the swaying skyscrapers in the distance and I thought "It will be a big trouble." Luckily my son was safely in school and we went home with him without any problems.

There was some minor damage in the home, such as picture holders to pieces and books from the shelves fell to the ground, but fortunately nothing serious. Now a friend who lives in our neighborhood came to offer help. I went to people who could not return home by public transport stopped.

The phones did not work so the best way to get information and Twitter were Viber. There have been other aftershocks but no serious damage in Tokyo. The problem now is that, shaken by the disaster, people did stock up on goods for everyday consumption. Rice, canned goods and toilet paper are now unobtainable.

It is not easy to travel by car because of problems with fuel supplies. The bombardment of images of the tragic tsunami on TV has had a heavy impact on the psychology of the people. Some media have understood and are back to normal programming with the breaking news that run in the background.

I found this very courageous decision and I really enjoyed Tokyo Channel 12, a pioneer of this choice. As for the central Fukushima, yet I have not made my idea in the midst of so many different comments. However, I'm just saying I hit the high professionalism of Japanese engineers who are doing everything possible to prevent the explosion, instead of talking about what is right or wrong.

My heart is bursting with sorrow at the death of many people in this disaster but I see the efforts of civil protection in the work of rescuing and solidarity among survivors. Not a day goes by that I discover the greatness of the Japanese people. I believe that a writer must bring to all hope in any situation.

However I will not stop smiling, I want to maintain my freedom of thought and I intend to deal with adversity with courage. All rights reserved © 2011 by Translated by Emilia Benghi

No comments:

Post a Comment