Friday, January 28, 2011

Moscow attack victim: "Before the airport, I had always been afraid"

She survived the terrorist attack at Moscow's Domodedovo airport - now tells the German Diana Stotz Interview with the dramatic minutes and says, as a happy coincidence, probably saved her life. Daily World Buzz: Mrs. Stotz, you are after the terrorist attack in Moscow's Domodedovo airport in a hospital.

In the explosion 35 people were killed and hundreds injured, including you. Did the security forces failed in your opinion? Stotz: I always think of Israel, which is such a dangerous country. But there, the airports are well guarded. So you can protect an airport against such an attack.

That is also something else than in the Moscow Metro with its many stations. Perhaps Russia is too big to take care of everything. Daily World Buzz: feel anger? Stotz: Yes. I am grateful to God that I'm alive and that I continue there for my children can be. Daily Buzz World: How have you experienced the assassination? Stotz: I drove the car to the airport to pick up a colleague of my husband.

Then I went through the entrance from the parking lot in the international terminal. I've wondered about it, that the corridor was indeed a baggage inspection device, but it was not in operation. Daily World Buzz: Stand there, a policeman or a guard? Stotz: I have not seen anyone. I first drank some coffee and put me at 16:22 clock in the group of people waiting.

I know so well because I have looked at the scoreboard. There I was then five or seven minutes. Then it occurred to me to continue forward in the direction to go in.. Actually, you do not even like back - but no one stopped me. At 16:30 clock, I shoved myself. And two minutes later it crashed.

Daily Buzz World: What was your first thought? Stotz: At first I thought maybe a power line broke. I heard cries: "A terrorist explosion!" Then I understood that I must hide quickly. So I ran to a cafe, although the direction was not starting. But I was afraid of a second explosion. Also, I'm in shock anyway not understand where I run.

Daily Buzz World: You were injured. Did you feel any pain? Stotz: Yes. Only in the cafe, a woman said to me that I have a wound on his thigh and bleed. Daily World Buzz: Who helped you? Stotz: There was this 40-year-old woman. I had a ball-shaped, three-centimeter metal splinters in the right thigh.

Den has it removed with a clean towel. Probably she was in shock, otherwise they would not have done well. Then she joined me. Daily Buzz World: Have you seen other victims? Stotz: Not at first. We got permission to walk through a corridor outside. The smoke was so thick that we were afraid to suffocate.

Since I have also seen that many people were lying on the ground that were dead or injured very badly. But the woman who was with me, has always said, "Look now toward not there, you just keep running." She has helped many people, the courage awarded. A true angel. Daily World Buzz: When can you leave the hospital? Stotz: I first got a fever and I am always reminded of the moments at the airport.

Now I can run again. Hopefully I will be released in the coming days - for Friday, I had plane tickets to Germany. Daily World Buzz: Do not be afraid of? Stotz: Yes. Yes I fly from another airport. Prior to Moscow I had always feared: too large, too complex. And now I'm just too bad memories.

Daily World Buzz: Has your family ever visited you? Stotz: My husband of course. Prior to my eight-and 14-year-old sons, we have tried to conceal the incident. I really wanted to wait until everything is in order. But the older one has probably already heard about Facebook all. Daily World Buzz: you regret that you have moved to Russia? Stotz: Yes.

Such a thing can happen anywhere. Daily Buzz World: How do you find comfort? Stotz, I am very religious. Therefore I think there is less psychological support than others. I see in every situation in my life God's help and God's plan. Actually, I was long in the mass of the people in the bomber blew himself up in the air then.

But two minutes before the explosion, I changed my location. Who knows what would have happened otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment