Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Dalai Lama: "I leave my political role" Beijing attack: "Just a trick"

NEW DELHI - The Dalai Lama announced his intention to resign from his role as political leader of Tibetans to make way for a successor elected by parliament in exile. E ', according to a message on the occasion of the 52 / anniversary of the popular uprising against the Chinese occupation of Tibet. The Tibetan spiritual leader's decision to transfer its liability policy does not come entirely unexpected.

On 21 November, in an interview with Indian TV CNN-IBN, he admitted: "I believe, yes I think I will retire within six months. I can not be more precise - said - why do I have to talk to the Parliament in exile, also if "I have already briefly mentioned the leaders of the movement of my intentions." In the speech released today, the spiritual leader of Tibetans said that "since the '60s, I have repeatedly stressed that our people need a leader, freely elected, that I will send 'power." "Now - have said - it is time to move from words to deeds.

On the occasion of the upcoming 11 / a session of 14 / 0 Tibetan Parliament in exile, which began March 14, to formally propose that we make the necessary amendments to Charter of Tibetans in exile to reflect my decision to return my formal authority to the elected leader. " "Since I have expressed about it - has finally shown - I have received many requests to continue to exercise political leadership ', but' my desire to transfer and (...) for long-term good of all Tibetans.

The reaction from Beijing. A harsh reaction from China, that it was "a trick to deceive the international community." This was a spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing.

No comments:

Post a Comment