Monday, March 7, 2011

Before voting, five Tallinnois consider the Estonian political

Tallinn, special envoy - Sunday, March 6, one million Estonian voters to the polls. Despite harsh social policies, high unemployment, the coalition's minority Liberal Prime Minister Andrus Ansip, combined with conservative Pro Patria and Res Publica (IRL), is leading in the polls. Viewpoints of Tallinnois on the situation of their country and their political hopes.

"After my studies, I'll probably go into exile" But one subject does not leave indifferent the young Tallinnoise: the cost of university education and living standards of students. In Estonia, the state gives each year, based on the results of the final review of the school, a number of free places that differ according to the chosen course.

"I managed to get one of the 60 seats available in my branch. But for example, in economics, free places are less numerous. Each year, everything is re-evaluated based on the results. You can lose free of one year to another, "she says. Supported by his parents to the tune of 120 euros per month, helped by a non-regular job and earns $ 100, and receiving a monthly stipend of 55 Euros allocated by the state, the student feels privileged: "When I watch my classmates, many can not concentrate on their studies and must have a job to take sides.

And some can not afford to pay the university registration when they do not have a free place. "If it does not show hostility to Andrus Ansip, the event has marked the beginning of the economic crisis in 2009. "The government initially decided to lower the amount of EUR 5 scholarships. Then, without prior announcement, he has planed yet another 5 euros.

I have noticed on my bank account, "offended Heily. He added:" Why take money to students who are the future of the country? "It does not, moreover, shows very optimistic with regard to his own professional future in Estonia. "I think to go to Canada or Singapore for m'aguerrir. Here it will be difficult to find work ", asserts she without fear." To me, it is difficult to study in Estonian "In Narva, 98% of the population speaks Russian.

And the links with the land birth, nearby, stay strong. "My mother spent the Estonian language exam and has the Estonian passport. My father, he wanted to keep his Russian passport. My brother and I automatically became Estonian citizenship by my mother, "said Antonina. The education system is divided between Estonian and Russian-language schools schools estophones.

Learning of Estonian by the minority still constitutes a major theme this year campaign. The government launched two years ago a reform to introduce 60% teaching in Estonian in Russian-language schools. What stir up resentment. "In high school I had a total of seven hours per week course in Estonian.

To enter university, we must pass a language test, because higher education is carried out in Estonian. I'm having some problems following difficult subjects in that language, "she says. The young student will vote for the Centre Party, the controversial mayor of Tallinn Edgar Savisaar.

Main opposition party, the training center-left captures 50-60% of the votes of Russian minorities. "Among the major parties, it is the only one to take into account, to pay attention to our language and our traditions." "I vote Social Democrat to balance the scales" In Estonia, the opposition to the government's economic policy remains a minority, and it is also difficult to find a real left opposition, even within the Social Democratic Party.

What is there to drastic budget cuts the past two years? That thinks about the 20% decrease in wages, increases in consumption taxes? "The Reform Party does not take sufficient account of the human side. He speaks often of the economy, money and profit," conceded just Veiko. So even if the offer policy offered by the Social Democrats or the Greens is not perfect, the designer hopes, by his vote, "counterbalancing the weight of the two giants" such as the Centre Party and the Party reform.

Conscious synthesis, seeking harmony, man hopes to cap more cohesion, solidarity and tolerance for his country. "I think all parties should work together. I do not like the policies that impose their views," he says. "Moreover, Estonia is a country too small to afford to have too different views ..." "Why should I pay more taxes for what I earn more money?" "I live very well in Estonia.

I travel a lot and I realize that here, everything's fine with me. All my friends and I are voting for Ansip. He understood that the state should not give everything. Everyone must work and get what he wants by his will, "she defends. Appreciating the entry into the eurozone on 1 January 2011, Krisleen accepts without complaint the price increase that followed, "the name of progress and pride of being fully part of Europe." Very rise against Edgar Savisaar and the Centre Party, "which manipulates the vote of the Russians," she get tough with the minority.

"I do not hate them but they tend to create insecurity and many do not even mastered our language," the girl band. Before returning to his work, which has already made his vote Ansip, through the electronic voting, wishes to state its opposition to the progressive income tax championed by the Social Democrats and Centre Party.

"Why should I pay more so that I earn more money. This is not normal!" Indignant Krisleen Kivisar. "In retirement, I must get to live alongside" The concertina bus is crowded. If we listened, we can recognize the sounds of the Russian language. Nothing more natural: the final destination is other than Lasnamäe most populous districts of Tallinn (115,000 inhabitants), Russian-speaking majority.

The towers were built in the 70s. The rents here are lower, but unemployment is more important, as in the Russian-speaking regions of the country. The Tallinnois does not show very highly when it comes to evoke Lasnamäe. Often, misunderstandings remain. Staunch opponent of Prime Minister Andrus Ansip - refusing even to pronounce his name - Sunday will provide the retiree, not surprisingly, support for the Centre Party.

"Savisaar has good relations with us," he said simply. But far from the image too quickly sometimes nationalist contiguous to its minority, the man shows measured: "I am against the Russian-speaking candidate list. I think a political party must combine within the two communities. I see no future in the nationalist parties.

"Anthony Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment