Friday, February 4, 2011

You do batteristaè a real job

* Chiara Quaquero At 19 I left my Sicily to study in Rome, University "La Sapienza", not just finished my studies in Linguistic Mediation, I decided to leave for London. By combining my two passions, languages and music, I was able to experience myself. In England, thanks to the so-called student loans I had the opportunity to undertake new studies for those who decide to create innovative art of making music.

So I graduated Drumtech to London and then again at Thames Valley University in Popular Music Performance, specializing in battery. Here, I've had so many opportunities not only workers but also for personal growth. I won my small challenges: I studied my instrument with the same seriousness of those who study medicine or engineering, I performed and I started gaining experience in playing music and art.

London is a city of a thousand shades that offers good opportunities and concrete and allows its people to reinvent themselves every day without losing the will to do, continuing to fight and then to improve. A sort of "Happy Land" where everything you need ... but it's not your country and you, in one way or another, you remain a stranger.

After 5 years still prevails my desire to live a life of Italian as an Italian citizen, and my desire to return is as much as the sadness of watching from afar a country adrift, and to know that perhaps will always remain a mirage. While my CV in England always get a response, silence reigns in Italy continued, no one answers to give you even leave.

So, I wonder, is worth doing all this and then realize that in the end I still lost? Yes, because I lost my country and my nation, perhaps, a bit ', even my identity. This story is full of "maybe" and "because" it leaves time that is, words read and then thrown to the wind who can not find glimmers of lights or ports on which to land.

It is clear that Italy, the Kingdom of the ladies, has no time for serious people ... that the most ... maybe you can go to work abroad! * Drummer, Italian abroad

No comments:

Post a Comment