Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sakineh's son asks his mother not be executed

Sajjad Qaderzadeh's son Sakineh, speaks to foreign journalists on January 1, Tabriz, Iran. / ATTA KENARELe son of Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani asked his mother not be carried out at a meeting Saturday, 1 January with the press in Tabriz, Iran. "The verdict against my mother is stoning, but it should not take place.

I ask that the death sentence be commuted, it is my request," said Sajjad Ghaderzadeh. "I see my mother and Issa Taheri [his accomplice] as the murderers of my father and both are guilty. I thought she would be released if there was a controversy about his record, but this does not happen, "he nevertheless said.

The meeting between Sajjad Ghaderzadeh and foreign press, organized by the local justice took place in a residence belonging to Tabriz to justice. Trapped in the same city-Ashtiani Sakineh Mohammadi was sentenced to death in 2006 for involvement in the murder of her husband and stoning for adulterers.

The first sentence was commuted to 10 years in prison on appeal in 2007, but the second was confirmed the same year by another appellate court. RELEASED UNDER CAUTIONLa Justice suspended in July last sentence of stoning, pending a further review of the record. Sajjad Ghaderzadeh Me and Kian Houtan, counsel-Ashtiani Sakineh Mohammadi, were arrested Oct.

10 at the same time as two German journalists who visited Tabriz without the knowledge of Iranian authorities to interview them. Wearing a sweater, jacket and sunglasses, Ghaderzadeh Sajjad said he was released on bail on December 12. "I was arrested because I spoke to foreign journalists who were here illegally and there are no other charges against me," he said.

"I think that my deposit was 400 million riyals [U.S. $ 40,000]. It was paid by one of my relatives," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment